Natural Cosmetics have become a trendy word in recent years. But only products that meet the strict standards of the BDIH Guideline in Germany are able to display the BDIH Certified Natural Cosmetics Seal on their products. The criteria in the BDIH label are very strict—they must use high quality ingredients obtained from controlled organic cultivation or controlled organic wild collection as well as meet regulated packaging and production standards. Other standards include:
- Ingredients have to be from a plant or mineral source
- Plant ingredients should be obtained from organic growth or wild harvest wherever possible
- Most petroleum based or synthetic ingredients are not allowed
- Genetically Modified Ingredients are not allowed
- Packaging has to be ecologically conscious, so recyclable and minimalistic
- No animal testing is allowed
- No organic-Synthetic Dyes, Synthetic Fragrances, ethoxylated raw materials, silicon, paraffin or other Mineral Oil derivatives may be used.
For a full listing of the certification requirements for the BDIH, please visit this page.
All Benecos cosmetics are Certified Natural by the BDIH with the exception of the Nail Polishes. In order to provide long-lasting nail performance and a wide range of colors, some synthetic ingredients are used. Benecos takes great care in choosing ingredients that are gentle on your skin. Benecos Nail Polishes steer clear of toxic nail polish ingredients such as Formaldehyde, Toluene, Camphor, Phthalates and Colophony.